27 July 2008

Book up for grabs

Well, it's been an embarrassingly long time since Janette sent this to me, but I've FINALLY finished reading The Friday Night Book Club, and am happy to send / give it to the first person who comments who is in Australia. You need to have a blog to participate.

I have registered it on BookCrossing, too, so after you've read this book (ie this particular copy), you can leave a journal entry there (it's free, and you can remain anonymous if you like).

I don't normally read chick lit, so don't have a standard to judge it against, but I quite liked it - when I picked it up (obviously too infrequently in the past mumble months) I would always read more than I was intending.

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to read it and do the bookcrossing thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis all yours! E-mail me your address (link is in my Profile) and I'll pop it in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the book in bookstores and put it back. I think it's the chick lit thing. But, having said that, sometimes it's good to read a book purely for entertainment. I read far less than I used to. I mostly knit and listen to recorded books. Two favorite things at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just that I'm such a sucker for happy endings . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nettie, I listen to the audio and enjoyed it very much. I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly