20 July 2007

Warm & Woolly

Look, it's nearly done! My A capella cape... I'm adding some rows of garter stitch along the lower edge to make it a bit deeper (yay for Knit Picks needles with really long cables!). I did consider a lace, but since the capelet has alternating strips of stocking and garter stitch, the garter stitch edging made more sense. It also helps the edge to stop curling!


I think I'll use these cool little buttons my son made years ago from narrow eucalyptus branches. They have been soaked in oil, and should put up with hand washing OK. Don't they look like little smiley faces?


I hope to be able to wear the cape by Sunday, at the Short Circuit Scarf workshop I'm teaching!

Lily is going OK - she's not so groggy today, and has occasionally got up and hopped around on 3 legs. But she's mostly sleeping in her basket, curled up in the winter sunlight. Thanks for your well wishes, I've given her pats from all of you!

10 comments:

  1. Those buttons are completely to die for. Good grief - the whole bunch of youse are incredibly talented artisans and artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness those buttons are as cute as, well, buttons. He is very clever! He should make more! I'd buy them!

    Capelet is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those buttons, what a great idea! The caplet is looking very fine. Hopefully will catch a glimpse on sunday.

    Thanks for the update on lily, glad she's recovering. Hope youve had a restful day too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good, there, Jejune. I did a ruffle on the bottom in garter when I made one. It's super warm and snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo glad to read Lily is well and resting comfortably. My friend's little dog has clicky knees, he had the 'op' and he is fine!! The buttons will be perfewct for the gorgeous capelet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The capelet is yummy. Perfect project for the yarn! And for the buttins. How very cheery they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear Lily's feelin' better. GORGEOUS buttons your sun made! And lovely edging on the cape...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The capelet looks so pretty, and those awesome buttons will be just the right touch! (What a talented family you have!) Glad Lily's up and about, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That capelet looks so lovely and delicate. Gorgeous soft colours. Husband just said the buttons look like sliced mushrooms!! They're so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those buttons are so cool! Clearly another item for your store!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly