06 July 2007

Eeeeep!

Thanks everyone for all your heartfelt comments on my last post - I've really appreciated them all. For those of you who'd like a closer look at my Archive artwork, I've just added it to my web site. Unfortunately the Admin building and Library are closed to the public, but if there's enough interest, I could arrange a visit to Mt Stromlo some weekend soon, along with my husband (who has the Magic Key of Opening Doors!).

In a truly astonishing development, Genevieve Jacobs (the ABC radio announcer who interviewed Barb about Knit 1 Blog 1) has been reading my blog, via a link from Craft ACT (hi Genevieve!), and loved my Stromlo story so much that she's interviewing me, about my 'Stromlo life' on ACTUAL RADIO on Sunday morning. Eeeeep!! I've never done radio before, so this is going to be a bit - um - exciting? Hopefully it will be a lovely positive experience, though. I'll just keep telling myself that. Yeah. Positive.

For those of you who live locally, ABC 2CN 666, Sunday 8th July at 10.40am or so. She's said we'll have 15-20 minutes to chat. Be forgiving :)

And yeah - Sunday is also Dotter's 16th birthday. I'll have to get the food prep for her party done tomorrow!
So let this be a warning to you of the consequences of Blogging, LOL! ;)

Finally - look out, Lulu has been spotted running free around the Craft ACT offices. I hope Barb knows what she's let herself in for, letting that lamb out!

11 comments:

  1. Jejune it's very exciting. You and Genevieve (I'm a big fan) should be a winning combination. We'll be listening for sure!

    I'm so glad your special post got you great attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! more famous people! i swear you canberra knitters are just the bomb!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How cool is that! Am so pleased you are sharing your Stromlo story - I loved it - you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Stromlo post (Stromlo sounds Scandinavian for some reason, is it?). And congrats on celebrity blogger status - have fun with your interview. Maybe hubby or son can tape it and load it on your blog as audio?????? For those of us who can't get the station.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's wonderful that others should hear about your Stromlo experience. Radio's quite boring. Speak a little more slowly than you think you need to, and it's no biggie.

    I always liked it because there's no picture - you can go in looking like a dog's breakfast and it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jejune that is exciting. Good luck on Sunday, it's going to be a busy day.

    Your Stromlo story was fabulous. You Canberra people are so very intersting.

    Above all, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeeehah! After fame comes notoriety. Go Jejune!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! How fun! And scary, but mostly fun, right?! Yay for you! Is there a way to tape it so we "fur-nurs" can hear it? You know, in one of those hip podcast thingies?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats so exciting! Its such a great story that Im not surprised ;-) I'll be listening for sure. (It would be fab though if you can figure a way of recording it, just in case events conspire against me - I would just hate to miss it). Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! Oh, and I love Genevieve - should be a great segment! Can't wait to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's fantastic! I'm disappointed I wasn't able to listen. Hope it went well (I'm sure it did).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly