13 December 2006

Ben's thank you


Remember the cute cabled scarf for my nephew Ben? Well, it arrived in London, and my sister wrote :

THANK YOU for the nifty scarf for Benny! He was very delighted with it when we helped him to rip open the paper - grinned at it, and held it up and had a bit of a munch. He looked pleased as punch when we put it on and he said 'arh!' in a clearly appreciative way. It kept him toasty on the walk we took him on that afternoon, with our friend who was visiting from Devon for Ben's birthday. We had made a cake so it was nice to also have a present for him to open that day. Have pics, will send in due course, when I get a chance to sit down at a computer at home (our new one, that is!) some time.

But then Ben (being Very Advanced For His Age) has just emailled me this very special thank you note :

Dear Aunty,

Ben here - I know mum said she'd email you, but I don't know if she conveyed my appreciation adequately. That scarf you knitted is bree bab bab dowh, thanks. I love the colour and the way the ridgey plaited pattern feels and the fluffy taste it has. The other kids around the posh new area we are moving to thought I looked the business wearing it, I could tell. It is just as well mum put it on as the wind out there was as bitey cold as that compartment of the big white applicance in our kitchen where the olds keep the ice-cube portions of my dinners. I can open that compartment by myself now so I could do with having the scarf on at home too.

Love,

Your smallest nephew


******************************************************

Life's looking a little better today, although the news is still the same (my teenage daughter has diabetes) - we're just getting used to it. Seeing the diabetes educator and dietician at the hospital tomorrow, where we'll have to learn a whole new way of cooking, and about blood tests, and heaps more besides. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh isn't it wonderful when gifts we made are so appreciated!!!

    He is very advanced!

    I've just been trying to post on Othlon's blog and blogger won't let me. Hopefully it'll let me post here. This is what I wrote:

    Hey Othlon

    I'm really sorry to hear that.

    *hugs*

    You'll be ok.

    Bells
    xo


    Lots for you all to learn, huh? Any time would be bad but at Christmas, even worse.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly