23 December 2005

Warm hand thingies



I'm making these for my brother-in-law in London... I hope they fit, as I'm just guessing sizes. Anyway, it's this pattern from Knitty, and I'm using some deep purple Totem from a 'reclaimed' vest from Taphophile's mum (she of the endless 8ply stash). I'm using slightly smaller needles than specified, and made the thumb/button hole over 10 stitches not 6, as 6 was obviously way too small (yeah, had to rip it out).

I finished the first warmer tonight, and started the second one. They'll be late for Chrissy, and I must be MAD to be knitting in this heat, but - well, you know, it's KNITTING.

I can see I'm going to have to make these for my whole family - they're great. Less bulky than fingerless-gloves, and keep your wrists nice and toasty (yeah, just what we need in this 38ºC heat!). I love the feel of double rib, and the Totem is so nice and light.

2 comments:

  1. and i'll bet the dotter would swoon for them....
    keep cool, happy christmas, see you both thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wrist warmer. Am seriously revising my opinion about the needabililty of them in my wardrobe! Drat you, Jejune, another project is NOT what I require. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly